Friday, May 31, 2013

Final Research Paper- 3D Printing

So I finally finished my final assignment.  I finished writing and editing and all of that fun stuff last night.  Today I had to transfer it all over to Google Docs, which was interesting. I have never used Google Docs before except to receive genealogy records from cousins. So now I know how to send records with Google Docs!  Hopefully I did everything right and it all saved right.  It makes me kind of nervous having it just say it saved it to the drive and not having a save process to go through like Microsoft Word or Pages for Mac.

Anyway, the paper itself is on 3D Printing.  3D Printing has been around for a while- around a decade. However, it has been incredibly expensive for any 3D printer that was reliable in any way.  Recently, the cost has steadily gone down. Reliable 3D printers can be bought by individuals for their homes, even thought they are not quite cheap enough to be widely owned on an individual basis yet. However, the cost is not so high that libraries cannot afford to own one for their patrons.

This paper describes what 3D printing is and gives a brief description of various options in how it prints and materials used.  Advantages and disadvantages are also discussed as well as the potential application of the technology in libraries.

I am sharing the link below. Please let me know if it does not work.  As I said, never shared stuff with Google Docs before.  I set it to anyone with the link being able to view it.  So I hope that is correct.  Let me know if it is not!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QGUvUrESDXMGwFhUl20wD2u-MKxxckCUYwoQdDgtuX8/edit?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment