Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Creepy Technology Moment for the Day

This isn't really library related. But it is technology related.  I am sitting here doing my homework (yes, right this minute), and my phone buzzes and tells me that my mom is nearby at the chicken place getting dinner for the family.  Yes, it said "Melissa is nearby at Chicken Express getting dinner for the family."  It would have been less creepy if she "checked in" and it just showed me her check in, but the fact that it knew that she was checking in near where I currently am at and it actually buzzed my phone to notify of this was pretty creepy.  And it was correct. Chicken Express is right across the street. And she is indeed there picking up dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, that is creepy! I had a similar creep this weekend. I went to a baseball game and took a picture with my iPod. When I got home I went to instagram it (I just got hooked on instsgram but that's another story). My iPod knew where I'd been. This is not an iPhone. It doesn't have service, but somehow it said "were you at Deerfield?" and I said "How'd you know?!"

    ReplyDelete